[gnome-love] Help! What to do with records in GObject Introspection?

I'm writing a C++ wrapper generator for GObject, as I'm dissatisfied
with GTKmm because it always lacks bindings I need. My generator can
already generate bindings for constants and enums. Now I'm trying to
do bindings for records.

I'm very confused with records like GIOChannel. In .gir files there is
no clue how to manage them. Can I just g_malloc and g_free them?
Should I use their own ref and unref functions?

The source is located here:
https://gitorious.org/gobjectxx/gobjectxx/trees/master/genxx