[gnome-love] Grabbing multimedia keys

hello,

I've recently started using indimpc[1]. It's just a tiny program that
grabs your multimedia keys and lets you use them to control mpd. There's
a glitch here, which I'd like some help on:

If indimpc is running, and I run totem, the multimedia keys start to
affect them both. So, if I want to pause totem, the pause multimedia key
will have two results:
- pause totem
- play mpd

This is the code snippet from indimpc:

      def grab_mmkeys(self):
              try:
                      keysbus = self.bus.get_object("org.gnome.SettingsDaemon",
"/org/gnome/SettingsDaemon/MediaKeys")
                      keysbus.GrabMediaPlayerKeys("indimpc", 0,
dbus_interface="org.gnome.SettingsDaemon.MediaKeys")
                      keysbus.connect_to_signal("MediaPlayerKeyPressed", self.delegate_mediakeys)
              except:
                      sys.stderr.write("[WARNING] indimpc: can't grab multimedia keys using
gnome-settings-daemon.\n")
                      try:
                              import keybinder
                              keybinder.bind("XF86AudioPlay", self.toggle_playback)
                              keybinder.bind("XF86AudioStop", self.stop)
                              keybinder.bind("XF86AudioPrev", self.play_previous)
                              keybinder.bind("Xf86AudioNext", self.play_next)
                      except:
                              sys.stderr.write("[WARNING] indimpc: can't grab multimedia keys using
keybinder either.")

I was wondering if there's a way to ensure that indimpc only has the
multimedia key when no other program is holding them. Is there a way to
do this? Maybe give it least priority?

Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

[1] https://github.com/fmoralesc/indimpc
--