[gnome-love] Tiling features in Mutter

Hi,

for quite some time I wanted to have a tabbing-tiling window manager that integrates nicely with gnome. I did some hacking on mutter to checked if it would be possible. I got basic tiling features (with keyboard shortcuts for hierarchical splitting, resizing tiles, moving windows to different tiles, etc.) working. Tabbing is missing completely, yet, as I think it needs some thought do do it sensibly.

I am wondering if there is interest in this, so I'm asking for comments. Would like to know if it would make sense to continue with this.

If someone wants to try it out, the current version of my branch can be found here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/452350834/mutter_tiling_0.0.1.tar.xz

It's certainly alpha but many features to work (almost) mouse-free already working. Notes on usage are in README.Tiling.