[gnome-love] Fwd: Google Summer of Code 2011 advice

Hi

Well I didn't want to be blunt! Don't know what to expect, since it is my first time in a mailing list :)

So Andre, since you phrased my question like that, What are the
criteria to be good a developer for GNOME?.

On the GNOME GSoC 2010 Information for Students page , it is said that previous Open Source experience wasn't really necessary for prospective students. I wanted to know if not based on the Open Source experience, then what criteria are kept in mind while short-listing students?

A Brief Summary of my skill set:
http://dpaste.com/hold/359280/

I really want to contribute to GNOME, so I would be immensely grateful for any advice.

from
Karan Pratap Singh
IRC nick: kps_foo