Re: [gnome-love] sorry, newb question about gtk themes in jhbuild environment

On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 5:10 AM, Stéphane Maniaci
<stephane maniaci gmail com> wrote:
The default GTK3 theme is named Adwaita, and you might try to locate
it in your jhbuild environment, copy it to your ~/.themes folder, set
it up and then run a GTK3 window.

What do you mean by "set it up"? I tried copying
/opt/gnome/share/themse/Adwaita to ~/.themes and that had no effect,
and then I also tried deleting /opt/gnome/share/themes/Default and
replacing it with a symlink to Adwaita and neither one caused my Gtk
window to look any different.

And on a personal note, I don't
think that "Gtk3 is so ugly! It looks like Windows 95. Seriously, I
want to puke." is the best feedback, plus you are talking about GTK+3
with no theme, which of course looks basic. That's why theme designers
were made for :).

Sorry if I was a little bit brash. I know it was running without a
theme and I know there's a sexy theme available, and I want it! That
was my entire point... the unthemed gtk is just awful.

--
http://exolucere.ca