Re: [gnome-love] Retrieve sound settings

On Tue, 2011-08-16 at 19:28 +0200, Juan Rafael Garcia Blanco wrote:
Thank you Bastien. Actually I don't want to get the volume level, just
if some sinks are muted. My intention is to disable sound settings
controls in an application if gnome sounds are muted. Then I should
read PulseAudio documentation to figure out how to do this. Thank you.

I wouldn't touch the application's settings. You don't want users to
have to unmute/re-enable the event sounds to tweak their preferences
only to disable it again.

See Empathy's preferences for how you should show the sound preferences
(usually, it's only a checkbox for each type of event).

Cheers