Re: [gnome-love] build problem of Gobject-Introspection

On Mon, 2010-03-22 at 22:06 +1030, Craig Keogh wrote:
I have built gnome-2.30 using JHbuild (although I've skipped some
modules which failed), but it instantly crashes when I load it so
I'm
trying to rebuild it. It now fails at gobject-introspection, at
which it
didn't fail before. The output line containing the probable reason
is as
following:

/src/gnome2/gobject-introspection-0.6.7/gir/tmp-introspectlKXYag/Gio-2.0.o:(.data+0x350):
undefined reference to `g_utf8_input_stream_get_type'

I had the same problem. It was a while ago. From memory, I fixed the
problem by:
rm -rf /opt/gnome2

This is usually caused by confused .la files, causing you to link
against your libraries in /usr/lib instead of your jhbuild-built one.
They aren't really needed (they are meant to just speed things up). If
you just delete your .la files then you'll probably solve the problem,
though some rebuilding might be necessary. You might even need to
delete .la files from /usr/lib/, installed by your distro's packages.

It's a very common problem.

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com