Re: [gnome-love] GSoC 2010 Proposal (fast image viewer)

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 14:04:50 +0100
Darko Makreshanski <d makreshanski jacobs-university de> wrote:

Basically I think the most important thing in an image viewer is
preloading. If when the user looks at an image and the program
automatically loads into memory the next images, then it feels very
snappy and fast.

In the most of "fast" image viewers that's the point - they preload at
least previous and next one images

And this is what picasa is doing now, when the image is still not in
memory, it first shows a low resolution image until it loads.
I think this is perfect, and I would like to see this in a linux
viewer.
I hope this is of help

Thank you =)

--