Re: [gnome-love] How to build Gnome

Thanks for the hint, even though my problem wasn't there. This reaction has still pushed me towards a retry, this time I have de-installed the version of JHbuild I installed with the package manager and built my own one from source. It certainly gets a lot farther now, but it still doesn't complete without errors. When configuring GLib, it seems to generate a config.lt file with a syntax error. Googling the command on the unsyntactic line doesn't help, and my bash knowledge is not sufficient to find the error. The line I'm referring to is the following:

lt_join(,  ,lt_decl_varnames, )='(, ,lt_decl_varnames, )'

What I also learn from the command-line output is that one of the commas is unexpected, so probably this line shows empty spaces where should be some kind of NULL declarations. However I do not know for sure if this is the problem, and also I don't know how to type NULL in bash (and the possibilities I can think of (NULL, Null and null) don't seem to be anything according to Gedit's syntax higlighting). Does anyone know how to solve this issue?