[gnome-love] google summer of code

Hi all,

I'm interested in participating in gsoc, and my eye has fallen on Gnome as preferred mentoring organization. I am curious if any ideas are already known. I've also got an idea of myself, but I doubt if I have the expertness to implement it. My idea is adding visual feedback to mouseover events for menubar buttons, tabs etc... of course this would mean modifications to gtk+ and I do not yet have a lot of experience with it. Anyone please tell me if this is a good idea or not and if some other ideas are already known within the community. Another issue: I will be going on a holiday during the summer for 1 or 2 weeks, not in the neighbourhood of any wifi hotspots. It would be nice to know if this would require me to buy a dongle for mobile internet (in other words do I need to be online) and if yes how many MB's of data exchange I should expect. If I know this in time I can already search for a good offer (I'm not going to buy it until I know whether or not I'll be accepted). Can anyone give me an indication of desired internet activity of gsoc students?

Joost