[gnome-love] getting started in gtk+ development

hello all,

I'm new to the Gtk+ development and I would like to get started on by fixing some bugs. I created an account in Gnome Bugzilla and went through the "GTK+ Love Bug List" list. I searched around the website for details on how to get started with the development and could not find any. Can anyone provide me weblinks or wiki page(s) that give details on how to setup the development environment to work on the bugs listed in GTK+ love and test them. Also I would like to know how to setup the dev environment so that I can work on any Gnome project.

Thank you for your time.

cheers,
-Anand.