[gnome-love] memprof -- memory profiler patches

Hi everybody!

I've been searching for a good memory profiler these days and I have
stopped at memprof.
It's a very cool application and it suits may needs.
However, it has some glitches.
I've downloaded the 0.6 version, it worked like a charm, but I
couldn't save the profiling in a file and send it to my boss.
So I've downloaded the trunk version from svn, but it crashed.

So I started hacking it.

I've created a patch for the 0.6 version to be able to save the
profile a file(Basically, I've taken the printing functions from the
trunk and used them, modifying a few bugs which were in trunk).

And I have also fixed some bugs on trunk, regarding the printing of
profiles.(Basically, I replaced name = caller->node->symbol;     with
  name = caller->node->symbol->name;  and now It prints the function
names and not junk :-) ).

You can make a release on the web for a 0.6.1 version that can print
the profiling to a file (this being the difference from 0.6), so
people can start using it.

Thank you very much for a great piece of software, and thank you for
it being open source, so I can fix myself the problems that I need to!

Keep up the very good work, and thanks again!

--
Ionut Grigorescu