[gnome-love] GNOME and GHOP (Google Highly Open Participation)

Hi,

GNOME is participating in a new Summer of Code-like contest: the Google
Highly Open Participation Contest [1]. The goal is to get pre-university
students to contribute to free software projects by completing small
tasks.

You can look at the GNOME page about it [2] to learn a bit more about
all this.

It has been suggested that the gnome-love mailing list is really the
best place to communicate with students, and I think it makes sense:
it's all about helping people contribute.
(To be honest, I'm also thinking we should have used this list instead
of creating the gnome-soc-list one...).

Everybody can propose new tasks for the students so feel free to read
the small guide on how to do so [3].

Thanks,

Vincent

[1] http://code.google.com/opensource/ghop/2007-8