Re: [gnome-love] GNOME Goal #3, It's time to share your love!

On Wed, 07 Mar 2007 18:06:51 +0100, Claudio Saavedra <csaavedra alumnos utalca cl> wrote:

  http://live.gnome.org/GnomeGoals/ApplicationCategory

In a nutshell: many desktop modules have added to its desktop file the
category "Application", which is not a category at all. That's bad, bad,
bad. Your task is to go find those modules, remove "Application" from
the categories field, and make sure other appropriate categories, as
"GNOME", and "GTK", are on their place.

While working on this goal, I found out that there are other invalid
categories in some .desktop files. With the 2.18.0 release so close I hardly
dare to touch anything.

In some .desktop files, there is the category "X-GNOME-PersonalSettings". according to desktop-file-validate this is invalid. Has this category any special meaning? Can is also be saveley removed?

Additionally, some .desktop files are clearly missing keywords. I suggest to create a new goal or to extend the current one just after the 2.18.0 release to update all .desktop files properly.

--
Christian Kirbach
Christian Kirbach siemens com