[gnome-love] GnomeLove refactoring

Hi,

Background: today on IRC Lucas suggested I browse the GNOME Love
pages and list what I think could be improved. Previously I
commented that, perhaps, having a wiki page, called something
like GnomeLoveBoard, would be a better approach for maintainers
to advertise tasks and new contributors to find them, as my
impression is that potential contributors may not be aware of
all the possibilities for contribution in existing projects.

The assumption is that http://live.gnome.org/JoinGnome is the
first page one looks at, looking at the Development section
and going to http://live.gnome.org/GnomeLove .

Instead of throwing numerous lists from start to finish, some
parts of this (GnomeLove) page could be organised and written
more like an article. Some ideas:

- Move the Contacts part to the bottom, and put the link to
p.g.o. there.

- Don't list that many links to articles (cca 25) on this page.
In the Getting started section, begin saying that everyone
should first learn something about the platform; suggest that,
for instance, everyone should read "How to Start Your GNOME
journey", "Overview of the GNOME Platform" and, the folks
who've never developed in the open source community, "Thoughts
about working on Free Software".

- Move all the other link groups (Technical guides, Articles &
tutorials, Books) to another page. There should be a maintained
page that contains links to all GNOME-related tutorials, articles
and books, be it part of the wiki or located elsewhere. Explain
that that is where one should look for when in need to learn
more, depending on the project and task.

- "You don't know which project you want to work on"
   &&
  "You want to work on a specific project"

A person coming to this page might rather have an idea of
willing to contribute to a couple of projects which he finds
particularly interesting, and is looking for some kind of a
task list where, seeing what's listed and based to his skills
and amount of free time (and how much he finds the task
attractive), he could decide which one to pick.

I think these two sections could be merged into one ("You
want to work on a specific project") and the link to all
gnome-love bugs moved below the project list. I wouldn't
know, but I doubt that many people have begun contributing
to a GNOME project after browsing this bug list.

- Most projects maintain a pretty much up to date project page
on l.g.o., with information about tasks, mailing list, how
to help etc; some have a very nice regularly-updated roadmap
page which everyone in a perfect world should maintain for
their projects.

Anyway, I think that it should be emphasized here that roadmaps
are TODO lists for maintainers to keep as they work but also
have tasks which maintainers do not have time to work on atm
and would really love someone for getting it done. The application
list on the GnomeLove page could then be a list of all GNOME
projects with a paragraph explaining in short how to get
involved (can be just copied and pasted from a project page,
it's still more human than a <a href="l.g.o/$APP>$APP</a>)
and an example medium-level task to give a feeling of what
these tasks are.

All maintainers should be encouraged to list their project
here (atm there are only 17) and maintain their little space
regularly (!) - many of the current links are quite outdated,
CVS is mentioned etc.

Marko