Re: [gnome-love] building gnome with jhbuild

Elijah Newren wrote:
On 10/21/06, Jan Bouma <janb linux chello nl> wrote:
When i build gnome with jhbuild i get
configure: error: Could not find Python module gdbm
on the module avahi

Python is installed and when i want to install python-gdbm_2.3.5-2_all.deb
i get : Error A later version is already installed.
So it is there .

Can any one help me.
I can't figure this one out.

jhbuild builds its own version of python in your specified prefix
(/opt/gnome2) by default.  It's part of the bootstrap stage.  It's
most likely looking there and unable to find the other package you
have installed under /usr.  I ran into a similar problem some time
ago.  I believe the following should fix this:

Install the gdbm-devel package for your distribution (it may have a
different name than 'gdbm-devel'; that's the fedora package name).

Make jhbuild think it hasn't built python yet.  Do this by editing
$prefix/share/jhbuild/packagedb.xml and remove the line containing
package="python".  Note that you'll have to manually replace $prefix
with your prefix (/opt/gnome2 by default, check your ~/.jhbuildrc to
see if you changed it)

Rebuild python.  Do this via the command
 jhbuild -m bootstrap buildone python
('jhbuild bootstrap' probably works too, fwiw, but I prefer the longer
more specific form).

Cheers,
Elijah

many thanks it worked.

But 2 modules later a new problem appeared.
My .jhbuildrc looks like:

moduleset = 'gnome-2.16'
modules = [ 'meta-gnome-desktop' ]
checkoutroot = os.path.expanduser('/data/gnome2')
prefix = '/data/opt/gnome2'
os.environ['INSTALL'] = os.path.expanduser('~/bin/install-check')

and the module PolicyKit gives a compile error pam_modules.h not found.
I installed libpam_dev and i get a little further.
Now i'm geting the error : undefined reference to 'pam_strerror' in polkit-session.c it is defined in _pam_types.h as an external. SO it looks like i am missing a library but which one._pam_types is in the directory /usr/inlcude/security.

do i someting wrong ?

Jan