Re: [gnome-love] EVMH client library?

On 4/18/06, Magnus Therning <magnus therning org> wrote:
I am playing around with wmctrl[1] to enhance the experience of
Metacity. Unfortunately I'm finding it a bit limited. I've been
searching around for a library that makes it easier to deal with EVMH

EWMH, not EVMH (Extended Window Manager Hints).  ;-)

but haven't found anything. Does anyone know of a library that eases the
implementation of an EVMH client?

libwnck (LIBrary designed as a Window Navigator Construction Kit)

(Programming language doesn't really matter, I'd even be willing to
write perl code :-)

You may also want to look at devilspie and brightside, which may do
what you want.  Even if they don't, both of them use libwnck and thus
might serve as examples.