Re: [gnome-love] CapsLock indicator for GNOME menu?

Hi,

On Sun, 2006-04-16 at 16:33 +0100, Magnus Therning wrote:

I am getting really irritated with my keyboard. It has no indicators for
the state of CapsLock and friends. I thought it'd be nice to have a
little applet in my GNOME menu that indicates the state of the keyboard.
Is there such a thing already?

There's a nice little Python application called "key-status" (the site
where I found it[1] is down ATM, so if anyone wants to experiment I can
send the tarball or put it up somewhere) which plugs into the evdev
Linux device node and polls for keyboard/mouse events.

It wouldn't take much to modify it for only listening to special keys
like caps (meta, compose, windows, etc); also, a panel
applet/notification area icon could be coded in very little time
starting from that code base.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

+++