Re: [gnome-love] Tinderbox (automatic daily build) for GNOME

On Mon, 2006-04-03 at 09:49 -0400, Luis Villa wrote:
On 4/3/06, Jerome Warnier <jwarnier beeznest net> wrote:
As you may have noticed, Frederic, Guillaume and I are all members of
the same LUG, and we worked together to support and improve Fred's work.
The server is doing nicely with the builds already.
We setup both AMD64 and IA32(aka x86) builds, of which only AMD64 is
automated for now.
We'll try to setup more flavours in other chroots on the same machine as
felt needed (like maybe Ubuntu?).

If you're brave, the obvious thing to try is solaris x86 :)

I've just got Solaris/SPARC/gcc up and running:
http://jhbuild.bxlug.be/builds/2006-04-04-0004/

I'm using the jhbuildrc from
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/microtinder/jhbuildrc although updated for
2.16. Additionally, since I'm behind a firewall I added http proxy
support to xmlrpclib (see file at bottom). Frederic: Would it be
possible to add an option to print output to stdout like a normal
jhbuild? It'll make fixing local build problems a lot easier.

From my point of view the most interesting thing would be to support
running builds in parallel, as this machine has 14 CPUs and 12GB of RAM,
but configure and checkout are usually the slowest parts of a build and
can't be parallelised by make -j. Davyd started something to do this at
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/jhfarmer/ but never got around to making it
actually build.

Regardless, the machine has CPU to burn, so I'm willing to test out
other tinderboxing setups people are working on - Sergio, can you
provide instructions on how to configure your tinderboxing setup? I also
remember Glynn talking about tinderboxing JDS ...

James Andrewartha

This goes into jhbuild/jhbuild/utils/HTTPProxyTransport.py and then
jhbuild/jhbuild/frontends/autobuild.py is modified to import
jhbuild.utils.HTTPProxyTransport and have
transport=jhbuild.utils.HTTPProxyTransport.HTTPProxyTransport() in
self.server = xmlrpclib.ServerProxy

#Nasty http proxy transport for xmlrpclib

import xmlrpclib

class HTTPProxyTransport(xmlrpclib.Transport):
    def make_connection(self, host):
        import httplib
        host, extra_headers, x509 = self.get_host_info(host)
        self.realhost = host
        return httplib.HTTP("proxy.host", 3128) #hardcoded, eh

    def send_request(self, connection, handler, request_body):
        connection.putrequest("POST", "http://%s%s"; % (self.realhost,
handler))