[gnome-love] Re: jhbuild and setgid

On 4/3/06, Jonathon Jongsma <jonathon jongsma gmail com> wrote:
I'm hoping somebody here can help me.  I've been happily building
things with jhbuild for quite some time now.  But sometime in the last
couple of days, things just stopped working.  I have no idea what the
cause was, but now I keep getting this error:

$ jhbuild build -a fontconfig
*** Checking out fontconfig *** [1/1]

cvs -z3 -q -d :pserver:anoncvs anoncvs freedesktop org:/cvs/fontconfig
update -dP -r fc-2_4_branch .
*** Configuring fontconfig *** [1/1]

./autogen.sh --prefix /opt/gnome2 --libdir '${exec_prefix}/lib64'
--enable-maintainer-mode --disable-static --disable-gtk-doc
Running aclocal -I /opt/gnome2/share/aclocal
/opt/gnome2/share/aclocal/nspr.m4:8: warning: underquoted definition
of AM_PATH_NSPR
  run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
  or see http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal
/opt/gnome2/share/aclocal/audiofile.m4:12: warning: underquoted
definition of AM_PATH_AUDIOFILE
Insecure $ENV{PATH} while running setgid at
/usr/lib/perl/5.8/IO/File.pm line 70.
*** error during stage configure of fontconfig: could not configure
module *** [1/1]

Essentially, any time I need to reconfigure anything, it gives an
error about setgid.  I haven't seen anything like this.  Does anybody
know what might have changed?  It doesn't seem like a jhbuild problem
necessarily since it's a perl error, so it must be related to
autotools (?).

thanks,
Jonner

For the archives, I'm answering my own question.  It turns out that it
was due to a directory that had the g+s permission bit set.
Everything seems to work now that I removed that.