Re: [gnome-love] Tinderbox (automatic daily build) for GNOME

On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 08:27:03PM -0700, Robert Helmer wrote:

[...]

I am one of the build guys over at Mozilla; I would be really curious
to know your initial impressions and how you use tinderbox. We are looking
at improving our own build infrastructure, so I have been watching
this conversation with some interest, and trying to get a feel for
what else is out there (buildbot seems quite popular).

What version of tinderbox are you looking at? Also are you considering
doing releases from it, or just using it as a sanity check (e.g.
"continous integration" vs. "autobuilder")?

We are using tinderbox2, if it is the selected solution for Gnome we will
talk to Mike Taylor in order to upload to the Mozilla repository the
required changes to compile with jhbuild. I think release construction is
not added to the requirements in this moment, but IMHO it can be a nice
bonus feature if it can help to the release team some way.

Regards.

--

Alejandro Garcia Castro
mailto: acastro igalia com