Re: [gnome-love] feedback on getting started.

On อ., 2005-11-01 at 10:56 +0100, Julien Gilli wrote:
Finally, every flavor of debian has the ebook-dev-ggad package, which is :

"GTK+/Gnome Application Development is an intermediate-to-advanced
GTK+/Gnome programming book."

It may be useful.

Havoc did a great job with this book (I bought a copy), but
unfortunately it's rather out-of-date with respect to the latest version
of the GTK libraries. It might do well to get a beginner up-to-speed on
some of the principles of the toolkit etc, but it could similarly just
confuse them a lot as some of the examples might not build properly
against recent GTK2 versions etc. IIRC, this was mentioned earlier in
the thread.

If Santa Claus really existed, I would be getting an updated version of
this book, covering the latest GTK APIs, in my stocking this Xmas ;)

--
Ross