Re: [gnome-love] Jhbuild and iso-codes

Yes I ran into this problem with gentoo.

The problem was that the python files were referencing #!/usr/bin/python
which did not have pyxml properly installed.  The solution for me was
to install pyxml under the jhbuild prefix (/opt/gnome2/) and then change
the top of the .py files to reference #!/opt/gnome2/bin/python instead
of the globally installed one at /usr/bin/python

Hope this helps.

-Brent

Luis Menina wrote:
Hi everyone, I'm having a hard time with jhbuild to build the iso-codes package. This problem is referenced in the GNOME wiki:

http://live.gnome.org/JhbuildIssues/iso-codes#iso-codes_saxlib_error

I tried some tricks, like this :
http://live.gnome.org/JhbuildIssues_2fjhbuild#python_xml_not_found
and somebody told me also to copy my python files from my distro to the python used by jhbuild... None of these solutions worked for me.

I run Mandriva 2005 LE.

Does anyone have an hint for this ? Everything compiles well until that point, and I would like to update my notes on the wiki:

http://live.gnome.org/JhbuildDependencies#head-62896df43107a5296dfc10504e4b29702c4cc445

Thanks for your help