[gnome-love] jhbuild: Xrender problem

On my Debian Sid system Xrender won't compile. It fails on AddTrap.c
with the following message:

 AddTrap.c: In function `XRenderAddTraps':
 AddTrap.c:38: error: `xRenderAddTrapsReq' undeclared (first use in this function)
 AddTrap.c:38: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
 AddTrap.c:38: error: for each function it appears in.)
 AddTrap.c:38: error: `req' undeclared (first use in this function)
 AddTrap.c:47: error: `sz_xRenderAddTrapsReq' undeclared (first use in this function)
 AddTrap.c:47: error: parse error before ')' token
 AddTrap.c:47: error: `X_RenderAddTraps' undeclared (first use in this function)
 AddTrap.c:54: error: `sz_xTrap' undeclared (first use in this function) make: *** [AddTrap.lo] Error 1

Two things that I noticed:

 1. During configure this is reported:

    checking for x11... Package x11 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
    Perhaps you should add the directory containing `x11.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
    No package 'x11' found

    Is that something to worry about?
    I have the standard Debian Sid installation of pkg-config, should I
    have an entry for x11?

 2. After googling a bit it seems that the file renderproto.h
    (/usr/X11R6/include/X11/extensions/renderproto.h on my system)
    should contain a definition of xRenderAddTrapsReq (I deduced this
    from [1], I might be wrong) but there is no definition of it that I
    can find. Might it be that X in Debian Sid is too old?

Any explanations/solutions to my problems are welcome. As a side note
this is the first time I try to compile GNOME my self.

/M

1. http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/xlibs-commit/2004-July/001267.html

magnus therning org
http://magnus.therning.org/

Men always want to be a woman's first love.  women have a more subtle
instinct: what they like is to be a man's last romance.
     -- Oscar Wilde