Re: [gnome-love] GNOME Utilities :: Needs a maintainer

Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 02:09:25PM +1300, Glynn Foster escribió:

For the past few years I've been casually maintaining the gnome-utils
package on and off, although making very few code changes. A long time
ago, the gnome-utils package was full of all sorts of weird and wacky
utilities, that no one really used. Much of the code was unmaintained
and started to bit rot. Since then, we have managed to reduce the module
down to the following utilities -
[...]
      Log Viewer
              - This one is a bit dud, and starting to code rot. I've
                thought about rewriting this time and time again, but
                never really got around to it. Should it even belong
                in a gnome-utils package, especially since it seems

        What about moving the log viewer to gnome-system-tools? It makes more
sense as an admin tool than as a Desktop utility. Also being in g-s-t would
allow it to do some sudo magic to change to adm or whatever distro specific
group with right perms to views logs (righ now if I launch it from my menu
under FC2 I'm not be able to view any log)

Salu2

--
Fernando Herrera de las Heras
Onírica: análisis, diseño e implantación de soluciones informáticas