Re: [gnome-love] example request

On Fri, 2004-06-04 at 07:11 -0400, ethan zimmerman wrote:
I'm having trouble finding useful GNOME/GTK+/Libglade examples so I
thought I'd see if anyone here could make one for me. I don't think
it'll be too hard, for people who know what they're doing that is. :-)

This is what I would like to see...
1. A "Main" window with a menubar and a TextView
   + menubar contents
     - File->Quit
     - Edit->Preferences

2. A "Preferences" dialog with a close button

3. An "Are you sure you want to quit?" dialog with cancel and quit
buttons

Attached are a C file and a GLADE XML file that should do all of this.
It's not the most polished application in the world, but you should be
able to use it as a starting point.

I developed this on my Fedora Core 2 system, but it should run on any
GTK+ 2.x system.  I only used GTK+ widgets, no GNOME stuff.

Adding Edit->cut/copy/paste functionality would be nice too but what I'm
most interested in is how multiple window stuff like the above works.

I'll leave this as an exercise for you :-)

frustrated and confused

Hopefully a little less frustrated and confused now,

Keith.