Re: [gnome-love] Am I doing this right?

ethan zimmerman wrote:

Hi,

I've written a simple GNOME program using libglade, and I'm wondering if
I did it right. I would really appreciate ANY comments about the
following program (see link below). The things I'm most interested in
are "source code style" things. (written standards, unwritten rules,
variable and widget naming schemes, etc.).

Took a quick look and noticed that you are not following the GNOME indentation scheme (8 chars). There is a document describing "guidelines" for GNOME code, of course in the end it's up to you but following those guidelines will make others feel comfortable helping out on your module:

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/guides/programming-guidelines/book1.html

Also, noticed:

{
g_print("prefs \n");

GladeXML *prefs_defs;
GtkWidget *widget;
}

this isn't valid and you should first declare your variables in each block. Otherwise it seemed fine so far!

Best Regards,
 Mikael hallendal