Re: [gnome-love] Things that make you go "What in the world is That?!?"

Hi there!

Elijah Newren wrote:

While Paolo has commented on this, I do have a few extra comments...
[...]
I'm going to have to disagree with you  on gobject being an example of a
basic thing.  It's purpose is to make it easy to create binding to gtk+
in other languages.  Unless you are writing language bindings yourself
or doing something else advanced in gtk+, I think beginners can mostly
ignore gobject (signal connection being the major example that they
can't ignore).
[...]
tried to use that as an excuse to get some experts to review it), so
maybe there really are examples that I'm unaware of...  Any of the
experts on the list want to comment?

I'm not in any way an expert, but I use GObjects on my project because I export those types to Python for scripting support, using a tool from the PyGTK project.

My migration from my "structs-types" to GObject was almost painless, the only thing it was hard is to understand what of all the gobject system I was needing, and what I had to do to initialize them. The rest is easy, but at that time there weren't complete tutorials about that (late 2002).

Regards,

PS: My project is "GNOME War Pad" - http://gwp.lunix.com.ar
--
Lucas Di Pentima - Santa Fe, Argentina - Jabber ID: lucas lunix com ar
LUNIX: Soluciones en GNU/Linux - http://www.lunix.com.ar