[gnome-love] Re: GNOME Lovers Needed: l10n work for locations database

Hi Keld,

Today at 11:45, Keld Jørn Simonsen wrote:

I don't think we have a policy of using American English in the msgid.
We discussed this before, and I proposed to have a more thorough
discussion at the Guadec meeting in Krisiansand, but there was no
meeting on this in Kristiansand. Maybe next time. My suggestion is that
we continue to use English English, as it is more used around the world.
and needs less modifications when going from one version of English to
another.

Look under "Spelling" at:
  http://developer.gnome.org/documents/style-guide/grammar.html

So, it is recommended for at least documentation.

OTOH, we already have all the code in U.S. English, and we have en_GB
team (and no en_US team).

Switching now to British English is going to cause many problems for
other translators as well.

Cheers,
Danilo