Re: [gnome-love] Window SIZE

On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 06:46:18PM +0200, Benoît Rouits wrote:
le Wed, 21 May 2003 09:06:22 -0300
Alan Roberto Romaniuc écrivait:

I am using redhat gnome 2.2,

    I would like to see the window size when I resize
    it, but I can find
a option for that.

Any Help???
Resize your window,
open a terminal,
launch "xwininfo"
click on your window,
the size and the -geometry
is written in the terminal.

I think he is searching for an option to see the size of the window while
resizing the window. Many windowmanagers(that is the program that implements the
windows appearance and behaviour) have an option for that.

I don't know whether metacity (redhat's default windowmanager for gnome) has
this feature, because I'm using sawfish. I know sawfish has this option.

BTW, this list is not a list for support questions, it's more for developers
that like to help developing gnome. You might have more luck getting a good
answer to this on the general dissucion list
or on
http://www.gnomedesktop.org/

Martin H.