Re: [gnome-love] Shortcut keys

Hey there,

I don know if this is the correct list. If doent, please, say me one....

I would like to user keyboard shortcuts to open application, something
like CRT+ALT+S opens shell, CRT+ALT+N opens mozilla...
I ve been looking for this in gnome 2.0 and 2.2. But i didn find how to
do it.

Yeah, you can do this, but unfortunately there is no UI to support this
yet [probably a nice little project for GNOME 2.4 though].

You need to look at the gconf keys -

        /apps/metacity/keybinding_commands/command_[n]

        /apps/metacity/global_keybindings/run_command_[n]

ie. setting

/apps/metacity_global_keybindings/run_command_1 to <Control><Alt>N

and

/apps/metacity/keybinding_commands/command_1 to mozilla.

Sun did a patch to add a UI for this in Keyboard Shortcuts dialog, which
you can find in sun-patches/gnome-control-center somewhere.

                Hope this helps,

                        Glynn ;)