Re: [gnome-love] Modem dialup in gnome

The dialler should provide some way of launching the configuration
dialog. At the very least you should be able to switch profiles.

Yeah, but should be done in an easily modifyable way for
people/packagers who don't want to launch the gst tool.

Also, the backend currently doesn't cover things I really need:
- Dial-on-demand

Well actually if you add "demand" as a ppp option in network-admin this
works. All we need to do is add it as  a checkbox in the advanced tab to
make it more visable.

- Connection sharing (a-la NAT)

Yeah, this would rock. In it's simplest form it's just a few firewall
rules right? We could look at how firestarter does it.

We'd also want to make this possible for dsl and isdn.

- Connection logging. (I live in Vietnam. We have expensive timed
connections. Also, thru most of Asia there are millions of small
internet cafes that need an easy way of charging based on time. Embrace
that niche baby!)

This would be part of the aformentioned dialing program I imagine.

--
                 .--= [ MArk Finlay - sisob ] =--.

        [ Gnome User's Board : www.gnomesupport.org/forums ]
    [ Public Key: http://evolvedoo.sf.net/sisobatericomdotnet.asc  ]