[gnome-love] Task manager for GNOME

Hi everyone - it just occurred to me that I do not know of a feature in or a project for GNOME like the
Windows task manager. By the task manager, I mean the thing that pops up when you press ctrl+alt+del under
Windows and click the 'task manager' button. It may be that GNOME has this feature but I haven't found it
yet, or there may already be a project for it, but either way I would be interested to know.

If it doesn't exist, I might try it for my first GNOME project - although I can't get started for about a
month and a half because I am at home (not at college) and I will not have any Linux machines around until I
get a laptop (for my birthday you see).

Anyway - it would be cool if it had a place to manage your running applications (and also to kill them), a
place to manage and kill running processes, and a place to monitor processor/memory/disk usage etc. If you
don't know what I'm on about, take a stiff drink and look at Windows 2000 or XP.

If anyone's interested please do drop me a line.
--
ThomasK

--
Personalised email by http://another.com