Re: [gnome-love] Hi, which way ?

Hello Furkan,

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Furkan Y Fidan wrote:

Hi,
I'm a 3rd year computer engineering student from Turkey. The school is
on break for about 35 days and I want to spare some time for
contributing gnome project. After some search on gnome.org I found todo
page which is no longer in use and this mailing list to begin with.
It would be great if someone can show me where to begin..
I can join/help some projects or start a new project on the given
topic..
Anyway, waiting for your help..

Great!  We're always in need of more help.  The "what do I do" question is
a very common one for people wanting to contribute.  Really, the only
formal list of tasks we have are found in bugzilla
(http://bugzilla.gnome.org), so maybe you should start there.  Fixing bugs
is a great way to get involved in the community and become familiar with
the code base.  The bug squad hangs out on IRC (irg.gimp.org, #bugs) if
you want to get involved quickly.

Thanks,
James