[gnome-love] Problems printing -Debian-LPRng-

I have recently install apsfilter-7.2.2 on my Debian/Linux box running LPRng. Testing the installation by sending a file to the printer from the command prompt, i.e. lpr ascii_file.text, the file is printed without any filtering. That is, the printing quality is the same as 'ascii_file.text > /dev/lp0'. In the beginning I thought it was a new behaviour for version 7.2.2, but in my second test I realize that there was a problem. First I tried to print a web page from Netscape, but I only got raw data, something like:
%!PS-Adobe-3.0
%%Title: print.text
%%For: Maya Mann
%%Crator......

Then I tried printing from Abiword but I got the same results.

Thinking that it was the ghostscript the one that was not doing its work, using a2ps I manually converted a text file to ps, and with html2ps an html to ps as well. No problem, when I viewed the file it was perfect.

Since ghostscript is not the problem and the printer is working, I am lead to believe that the problem resides with apsfilter. For some reason is failing to provide a filter to the files I sent to the printer!

What can I do to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.