Re: [gnome-love] need help with GConf in a program

On Feb 20 22:09, Kim Schulz wrote:
hi all
I have started making a new program called GnetChange. It's for laptop
users so they can change their networksettings on-the-fly. To store all
the different network settings I want to use GConf, but I'm not 100%
familiar with how this works the smartest way. Is there anybody out
there knowledge about this and who wants to help me with answering my
questions - and maybe correct my code when im wrong.

Perhaps you could make use of the Ximian-Setup-Tools. Its many different
programs for setting up different parts of the system through the
gnome-control-center. It has support for changing network settings. You can
find info about it here:
http://www.ximian.com/devzone/projects/xst-devel.html

There are other programs (CLI I belive) that also aims on doing network
settings easier for laptop users. Doing an "apt-cache search laptop" gives
me these hits among others:
divine - Automatic IP configuration detection for laptops
intuitively - Automatic IP configuration detection for laptops
whereami - Automatically reconfigure your (laptop) system for a new location

Im only giving these as suggestions for improval to your needs. Im afraid I
cant help you with GConf but perhaps you can find some help on
irc.gnome.org.

--
* John Ericson john john pp se
* ICQ: 7325429 JID: high jabber org