[gnome-love] Re: Canvas redraw priority

On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 11:02:31PM +0200, ERDI Gergo wrote:
On Mon, 12 Aug 2002, ERDI Gergo wrote:

The GNOME 1 version used GTK_PRIORITY_DEFAULT as the idle priority. With
GNOME 2, Glib's HIGH priority completely removes any smoothness (which is
to be expected since it blocks canvas redraws until the mouse's motion is
stopped), but even LOW isn't nearly as smooth as the GNOME 1 version was.

Could I get even a negative response (as in, 'yes the 2.0 canvas is
ass-slow compared to 1.4') here please? Wether we move to GNOME 2 or not
is going to seriously affect the Guikachu roadmap.

The 2.0 canvas is bletcherously slow.  So slow I am contemplating a
switch to the simplified 'foocanvas' module.