Re: [gnome-love] Writing cross-language interfaces

On Tue, 2001-09-18 at 16:03, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
On Mon, 2001-09-17 at 07:17, Caleb Land wrote:
I read of the benefits of writing COM interfaces to libraries (IE
allowing Perl users to access the MS XML parser).  I am currently
writing a library to interface ebay functions (getting a list of
auctions, checking for a user's completed auctions etc), and am
beginning to think that it might be beneficial to allow other languages
to easily interface with it.  I believe that CORBA would work for this,
but I'm wondering if Bonobo contains anything to help standardize these
interfaces and or make it easier.

yes, Bonobo has a lot stuff that could help you in doing this. It's got
some standard interfaces, and allows you to easily implement your own
interfaces.

Excellent!  I'll begin looking into Bonobo for this task  I see that
there are python and perl bindings in the works for bonobo, so,
hopefully, if everything goes right, I would be able to use these
interfaces from Python and Perl.

--
Sincerely,
Caleb Land

---
Email: bokonon rochester rr com

Jabber: caleb jabber granfalloon com
AIM:    RedHatDude
ICQ:    8358400

GnuPG/PGP Public Key: finger me at "caleb deepthought granfalloon com"
                      and read my .plan.
---