[gnome-love] GnomeCanvas question.

Hello. I'm having problems at trying to draw the representation
of a point (obtained through the mouse), drawing a small elipse for
each button presse.

What I'm doing is: in the callback I check the event, and when the
GDK_BUTTON_PRESS event occurs, I  add a new item to the canvas (the
ellipse), but when I execute it and press the mouse botton, nothing
happen.

By the way, in other to this I had to declare globally the root group
of the canvas. I know this is incorrect and I hope you tell me how to
fix this.

Thanks.
Cesar