Re: [gnome-love] using libglade

On Tue, 2001-10-09 at 10:27, Emre Turkay wrote:
I am trying to use libglade as the user interface of a project.  In a
standart gnome source tree.  Where and what should I put to successfully
link and run my project ?

I mean in a normal make file `gnome-config --libs --cflags libglade ...`
is enough for it.  How can I do this with automake/autoconf ?

In configure.in you define the libraries for your project. Like such :

EXTRA_GNOME_LIBS=`gnome-config --libs print libglade vfs`
EXTRA_GNOME_CFLAGS=`gnome-config --cflags print libglade vfs`

AC_SUBST(EXTRA_GNOME_LIBS)
AC_SUBST(EXTRA_GNOME_CFLAGS)

and in your Makefile.am you add the libs and flags like such :

# Process this file with automake to produce Makefile.in

SUBDIRS = dialogs

INCLUDES = \
        -DGNOMELOCALEDIR=\""$(datadir)/locale"\"        \
        -DLOCALEDIR=\"$(datadir)/locale\"               \
        -DGEDIT_PLUGINDIR=\""$(libdir)/gedit/plugins"\" \
        -DGNOME_ICONDIR=\""$(datadir)/pixmaps"\"        \
        -I$(includedir)                                 \
        -I$(top_srcdir)                                 \
        -I$(srcdir)/dialogs                             \
        -I$(top_srcdir)/intl                            \
        -I$(top_builddir)/intl                          \
        $(GNOME_INCLUDEDIR)                             \
----->  $(EXTRA_GNOME_CFLAGS)

..[snip]....

gedit_LDADD =                           \
        dialogs/libdialogs.a            \
        $(GNOME_LIBDIR)                 \
        $(GNOMEUI_LIBS)                 \
        $(corba_libs)                   \