Re: [gnome-love] GVim and Gnome

On Nov 29 13:49, John Lenz wrote:
  As a side note to this side note :), I am working on
an almost completed bonobo wrapper for GVim that uses
the remote editing protocal that goes through the X
Server to talk to a GVim window.  I am implementing
the Desktop::Editor interface but am having problems
seeing as there is not a lot of documentation. Is is
still being used?

I am writing this for use with CCView, and have got
all the methods that CCView uses (goto line and insert
text), but I am interested to know if anyone else is
interested in using a gvim bonobo wrapper.  The
wrapper does not make gvim into a widget, but just
translates bonobo methods to the right vim commands to
be executed in the window.  No modifications on the
Vim source.

I have been thinking of writing something like this for some time, to
learn how to code for bonobo. Im happy to see that someone else also is
interested in seing this =) Do you have any source available so I can
take a look at it?

--
* John Ericson john john pp se
* ICQ: 7325429 JID: high jabber org