Re: [gnome-love] Stupid question

Mike Borrelli wrote:

On Tue May 29 19:33:02 2001 Matthew Walton said...

Mike Borrelli wrote:

I got the gnome-core tarball from ftp.gnome.org, but it won't complete the ./configure script. It says that I'm missing gnome-libs 1.0.xx or higher. I have 1.2.xx installed via rpm. I installed both gnome-libs and gnome-libs-devel, but the problem persists.

What am I doing wrong?

Did you try explicitly telling configure where to find the gnome-libs includes and libs? It might be looking in the wrong place.

I looked and they are in /usr/lib. To be sure, I added the --with-gnome-libs=/usr/lib and /usr/lib/libgnome.32.4.3 with no luck.

I downloaded and reinstalled the gnome-libs and gnome-libs-devel package, without changing anything.

Did you also say --with-gnome-includes=/usr/include ?
I would guess your configure line would need to be

./configure --prefix=<wherever you're putting it> --with-gnome-libs=/usr/lib --with-gnome-includes=/usr/include

If that is indeed where the include files are. Also a good idea as was suggested by someone else to check config.log and see what's going wrong. I believe configure will try to execute gnome-config to get the appropriate parameters, so make sure that's in your path as well.

--
Matthew Walton
matthew alledora co uk

Miri it is whil Linux ilast