Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: [gnome-love] GNOME user environment - Nautilus web browsing

On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 01:58:46PM -0400, Kevin Vandersloot wrote:
That is what I meant when I said "Someone did that not too long ago and
it really made browsing local html pages a lot faster". Sorry if I
sounded like I was whining. I meant it as a suggestion that Nautilus use
nautilus-gtkhtml by default instead of the mozilla component.

I'm sorry - I didn't read your post in its entirity. I suck. The main reasons
this wasn't done are:
 a) Nautilus-gtkhtml isn't complete (there are somethings that don't work
    right)
 b) Mozilla is a technically better renderer than GtkHtml - by a long shot.
 c) We didn't want to have another unstable external dependancy for Nautilus.

Given that the number of active Nautilus developers has dropped off drasticly,
perhaps moving to GtkHTML is a good idea. I think my component is more
easilly maintainable than the current mozilla view.

Ian