Re: [gnome-love] GNOME user environment brainstorming

On Fri, 25 May 2001, Glynn Foster wrote:

/me imagines user [okay maybe semi/mostly-dumb user] press this key and
sit and stare at his/her printer for the next couple of minutes waiting
for a printout of the screen which never appears. I'm not a big fan of
this key :/

No, this is not what users want! Users want a print icon on the
desktop where they can drag stuff! So obviously we need another special
desktop icon, 'My Very Own Desktop Screenshot' which, when dragged to the
`My RMS-Friendly Printing Appliance' icon, will print out the contents of
the screen -- but only if the full firmware of your printer is available
per the terms of the GPL, and only if you've never released something
under other than the GPL (yes, the LGPL counts:)

--
   .--= ULLA! =---------------------.   `We are not here to give users what
   \     http://cactus.rulez.org     \   they want'  -- RMS, at GUADEC 2001