Re: [gnome-love] glade2

On 20 Jun 2001 13:23:56 +0100, Calum Benson wrote:
Chema Celorio wrote:

There are very clear tasks to do since we are "cloning" the old glade
program, all the code is new but the old glade code is a good guide both
because it contains code that is doing the same task and also because we
don't have to think about the design of the gui and how things should
work, we just need to copy the old he old glade.

However, you should also keep one eye on the progress of the ATK
(accessibility toolkit) while you're doing this, as any apps that are
porting to 2.0 should use this where possible to make their GUIs
accessible, even if they just look exactly the same as they did in 1.4
:)

(Although it should be possible to do the relevant accessibility work
afterwards without a great deal of extra effort, and if you're beginning
to port this early you may not even have much choice, but check out the
GAP website and mailing list for details of the current ATK status).

I'll have to do this later, i just don't have enough time for it. The
smaller the task is, the better.

After we get the same functionality as the current glade project, we can start
redesigning the gui.

On the same topic, it would also be really cool if the widget property
dialogs in the GLADE GUI itself were extended to include the new
accessibility properties on widgets that the ATK provides, and that all
GNOME 2.0 apps should be making use of.  But that's a little further
down the road...

/me nods

regards,
Chema