Re: [gnome-love] gtranslator coworkers needed

Yes I am thinking of that. One thing that might be an issue though is
whether or not (an how much) the API of etable/etree will change in the near
future. It is still beta software.

In the mean time there are some samples in the /tests/ directory of gal and
as I said you can always ask me questions.

My suggestion is to use e-tree and not e-table because the differences are
very (and I mean VERY) minor and e-tree gives you the option to display
trees. With e-tree you get some advantages over clist. You get automatic
custumization of the columns. In evolution the right click popup menu in the
column titles comes automatic with e-tree. You also get some nice automatic
display of things like dates, memory sizes, and even regular integers
(putting in commas for numbers higher than 1000). You even get the cool
alternating color rows. I've never used clist very much so I can't really
compare the two at a programming level, but clist will be deprecated for
gtk-2.0 nor do I know much about the new list/table/tree widget in gtk-2.0.

The disadvantages are that it is still beta and has some bugs. You also may
be chasing an unstable API. It also takes a bit more code to get a basic
tree than it did in clist.

All in all I think e-tree presents a nice display to the end user, and if
you don't mind possible API changes than it is worth it to use.

Regards,
Kevin