Re: [gnome-love] re: gless

On 02 Jul 2001 14:49:42 -0700, Josh Steiner wrote:
excuse me, I just found gless in the midi-utils subdirectory, sorry about
that :)  So... while I have your attention and I am looking at this code,
it seems to me that gless should use a fixed width font by default as it
is primarily used to shouw output from CLI utilities which are writen
under the assumption of a fixed width font.  So instead of adding a
--fixed-text option, I could make that default and add a
--proportion-text option.  Opinions?

How about two command-line options, --fixed-text and --proportional-text
which change the font style for the current session, whereas the option
buttons in the menu change the default text font?

Being able to select optional fonts for fixed and proportional would be
nice - my default GTK+ font is rathrer small, whilst I find it fine for
controls it's a bit small for when I want to read large amounts of text.

While you have the gless source open, could you stop it display "not yet
handled" when I try and use the scroll wheel?  AFAIK the GTK+ scroll
pane handles the scroll pane so gless should too (I guess gless grabs
the mouse wheel, back in the days before GTK+ handled it?)

Regards.
Ross
--
Ross Burton                     Software Engineer
OneEighty Software Ltd          Tel: +44 20 8680 8712