Re: [gnome-love] wanted: php or cgi programmer with some spare time to help with gnome test spec

On Sun, 2001-12-02 at 17:04, Luis Villa wrote:

Hrm. Does work better than I'd thought. If someone parses the test HTML
into simpler XML or text, it would be even better- there is a /lot/ of
wasted whitespace in those tests.

easy enough i think.  i figured out the basics of the /scripts
directory, so i'll try and knock the whitespace out of there.

the main annoyance comes from
the huge titles at the top of each page, and the instructions for
setting PLATFORM, OS_VER, etc, which you need to scroll past for each
test.

Hrm. Yeah. Too bad we can't split that out and put it in a cookie or
something- i.e., fill it in on one page and then just get it fed into
the reports as you do each segment. Actually... that's all post data to
the cgi, right? So is that idea doable?
Luis (stop me if I'm getting too elaborate :)

heh, actually i was thinking of the same thing.  it's definately
doable,  i'd just be curious how the interface is used.  is the run on
one machine at sun which everyone access via the web, or is it installed
on everyone's own machine.  the fact that so much info needs to be
selected everytime has be inclined to think it's the former, in which
case a cookie system wouldn't be a bad idea.  in fact, we could fill
that giant white space on the main page with the form.  i'll take a look
at implementing that latter tonight :)

todd