[gnome-love] Re: Panel and QuickLaunch Applet

On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 04:23:13PM -0500, Dan Mueth wrote:
Does anybody know what the future of the QuickLaunch applet is for GNOME
2?  (George?)

Currently no plans to make it obscolete

If it is sticking around in a form which is pretty similar to its current
form, it would be nice if a volunteer could improve it a bit. For example,
it would be nice if one could:

  1) rearrange launchers inside the quicklaunch applet by dragging
     them arround
  2) drag and drop a launcher out of quicklaunch applet, as one
     can do from one panel to another
  3) access help for the launcher, as one can by right-clicking
     on the launcher in the panel
  4) add a property to allow one to turn off the "handle"

Generally, I think this applet should behave as if it was an integrated
part of the Panel.

Yes, this would be very nice.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds,