Re: Announcement: this mailing list will be retired by the end of Oct 2022

On Wed, 26 Oct 2022 14:00:14 +0200
Andrea Veri <av gnome org> wrote:

Hi,

I’ve received several questions during the past days which possibly
makes sense to summarize in a single topic [1] which I can then
reference. Hopefully this specific post will help anyone looking for
the same set of answers as well. If any additional common question
arises I’ll make sure to add it to this same topic in Discourse.

Thanks and please let us know if you have any questions around
Discourse or your onboarding process!

[1]
https://discourse.gnome.org/t/common-questions-re-mailman-to-discourse/11841

From there:

"It definitely is, if anyone wants to use their mail client to interact
with Discourse, they can. That’s exactly one of the features we looked
into when we originally deployed Discourse back then. The workflow
mainly is:

    You watch a category or a tag or both
    You receive mail sent to the registered mail address for your
    account, hit the reply button in your mail client and respond as
    you’d do with Mailman, the reply is then stored in Discourse,
    simple as that"

So, I have to register for yet another system and faff about with its
interface just to get all the email to the NetworkManager group sent to
me? And this is somehow reliant on other people using the correct
tags/categories?

Consider me utterly underwhelmed.

--

Brian Morrison